Welcome Message

This blog is called “Game On” and is dedicated to helping you be a better coach, mentor and motivator. I also hope it helps you find a balance in your coaching and personal life.

You’ll find regularly posted topics dealing with:

- motivation
- protecting yourself from liability
- coaching issues you should know about
- Current events
- Life issues
- and my golf game - maybe you can send me some short game tips ;-]

My hope is that you to will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even agitated, but I hope it will improve some aspect of your coaching and personal life.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sorry for not posting!

Boy...it's been a long time since I last posted. My apologies. I've been very busy with my business and Rotary Club functions. As chair of our Rotary auction committee, I feel like I'm once again a coach. I spend a great deal of time extolling, ranting, raving, begging, and motivating members to get their donations in. I realize now it's all part of being a team.

Whatever your goals in life, your education as a coach will help you in whatever you do. Business is all about teamwork, regardless of your situation. For instance, I have no employees, but the members of my team are my Rotary friends. Working together as a team wins on the court, the field, or in business.

How well does your team work together? It's your role to make sure they all communicate, respect each other, and work towards a common goal. I guess the same can be said for my Rotary club, too! Seems like I'm back on the sideline again. I hope I have a great halftime locker room speech!

Dan

P.S. If you'd like to contribute and support our Rotary club auction, visit our web site and bid early and often - http://poulsborotary.cmarket.com/. Thanks for your help.

No comments: